Saturday, June 7, 2008

Notes from a sick day

I had JT and HM at home for three days, due to winning the sick kid lottery. Ironically, JT was fine once he had meds. However, since the school sent him home with the flu, they could determine when he was fit to return.

Note to not-yet-parents: taking a day off in precaution is usually a good guard against being forced to take three off in punishment.

Anyway, JT and I had a good time, and he gave me some bon mots.

JT: "I want to watch teenage robot."
Me: "It's not on."
JT: "When is it on?"
Me: "Four. I showed you that already."
JT: "It is not four."
Me: "Is that my fault?"
JT: "...Yes."

Me: "So, Jake, do you want to marry Jenny the Teenage Robot."
JT: (incredulous) "She's a robot and it's a cartoon!"
Note: JT has better grasp of reality than most anime freaks.

Avatar credits: "Long ago, when the four nations were yadda yadda yadda..."
JT: "Long ago? Like 1977?"

No comments: