Monday, July 14, 2008

Not dead! Just busy!

So what have the feeshes been up to?

Well, HM has been rocking her first syllable. It was adorable, until she abandoned it for testing her lung development. She's taken to yelling. Not crying or squealing. Just full on, Amazonian war cry yelling.



JT finished out the first grade, and is now in the brain melting time of his summer vacation. They gave us a packet of materials to do over the summer, of which we've looked over once and never touched again. I predict a frantic review in August, but for now, I'm letting him have his summer.

He also got new glasses. Getting new glasses is always an adventure of making him happy, appeasing my mother (the one of us with sense when it comes to glasses and face shape), and getting the computer to okay kids glasses with transitions and bifocals. I thought our tech was going to have a nervous breakdown after the first forty-five minutes of wrangling with the green and black screen.

The glasses, by the way, are back on the front and yellow on the black. Like Bumblebee. They're also square. Like a hipster. So he's like a extraterrestrial emobot.

I've been on a kick with bake it yourself, lately. It all started with Papa Johns ticking me off by telling me that the 12 inch pizza in front of me was 14 inches, and that the dough shrank when they cooked it.

Yeast + Flour + Water != shrinkage.

So I decided I would never order from them again (the quality had gone way down, anyway), and I would learn to make my own pizza. After a few false starts, I finally got a pie that made not only me happy, but a few of the pizza snobs I know happy as well. Then, fearing our farmers market cinnabon lady had passed (she hadn't), I learned to make cinnabons. Then strawberry jam. Now I'm working on pasta.

No comments: